Jill Norgaard – Az House Of Representatives, Ld 18
Constitutional principles guide my policy. A commitment to limited government and solid confidence in personal responsibility and the free market is what I offer you as your Republican representative in the Arizona State House of Representatives for Legislative District 18.
I have been honored to represent our district. My management experience, education, and diplomacy have greatly prepared me for the challenge of sponsoring productive legislation. My primary sponsored bills have focused on: protecting business from state regulatory overreach, the reduction of financial red tape for education at the K-12 level, tax reform, and the restoration of Joint Technical Education District funding. My bills received bipartisan support.
My community outreach efforts have included initiating the first “Take Your Teacher to the Legislature Day”, hosting business group tours at the Capitol, volunteer teaching in our district schools and the launching of a dyslexia awareness campaign with the coordination of other early literacy organizations. During the past two years, I have enjoyed meeting constituents while visiting over 30 of our local schools and businesses.
Professionally, I have a Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering Management and a Masters in Business Administration, have been a Vice President of a major Aerospace/Defense company, and am currently a small business owner. As in business, having the skills to manage, motivate and lead resourceful, productive teams are keys to success in our State Legislature as we move toward greater prosperity.
I am humbled by your continued and generous support. My husband of 31 years and our three adult children are my biggest fans and greatest accomplishments. While seeking re-election to the AZ House, it is my sincere hope to earn your trust and your vote so that I may continue representing you.
- State Committeeman
- Current State Representative, District 18
- Precinct Committeeman, previous Captain
- Past Third Vice President Ahwatukee Republican Women
- Elected as Alternate at Large, National Republican Meeting 2012-2014
- Graduate of Dodie Londen Excellence in Public Service Series
- Member, Society of Women in Engineering
- CCNR Member, Ahwatukee Foothills Association 2005-2009
- Lector, CDA Chairperson 2005 – 2008
- Licensed Realtor, State of Arizona (inactive)
- “Champion of Education” by AZ School Administrators
- 2015 ‘Champion of the Taxpayer’ Recognition
- 2015 Legislative Rookie of the Year
- 2016 Political Rising Star Recognition
- 2016 Friend of the Family Award
Masters of Business Administration, University of Phoenix, Arizona
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering Management, University of North Dakota